Season of Singing

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I am a businesswoman


Back in October I went to the prosperity with a purpose conference and caught myself thinking this thought during the first session..."Yeah, this stuff is good, but I'm not a business person, I'm going to be a teacher." Then the Lord reminded me of all the stuff I'd done throughout my life to make some money. Here's a few:

1. I sold homemade paper cups in my front yard for a nickel. A neighbor gave us a dollar and told us to keep the change. We were rich!

2. Good old lemonade stand. But we (me and the neighborhood kids) were smart about it. We set up the stand at the busiest park around. We sold so much lemonade that we ran out of cups. We would not let a little set back slow us down. As any wise business person would do, we quickly solved the problem by finding cups people had discarded (only if they were on the top of the trash) and rinsing them out in the drinking fountain. A mom noticed and made us stop. Hey, 8 year olds are not worried about germs when they are making money!

3. Candy. The clubs at school (especially the Key Club) would always sell candy to fundraise. I went to costco and bought a bunch of candy in bulk and then sold it at school during other fundraisers. If people asked I was honest and told them it was for the "Deanna Fund". No one cared, they just wanted candy.

So the moral of the story is that I am a businesswoman. All I need is one good idea and I could make thousands...or millions! I could be a teacher and have a business on the side. Why? To build the kingdom of God. That's all. What could be more fun than to make money to give it away?

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

I'm interested to know what the Key Club did!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

I'm interested to know what the Key Club did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home