Season of Singing

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

IPOD's and the Holy Spirit

Sometimes I wish I had an IPOD. I have asked the Lord for it, but apparently he is still fighting the prince of persia for me. I can be patient. I must be content with what I have. My 126mb Rio works just fine. Sometimes people laugh at it, but I am not ashamed.

I realized this summer that I have something better than an ipod, the Holy Spirit!

I just open my mouth and songs come out. And the great thing is, they are always different. I have no gigabyte limit on my "IPOD".

To say the least, I really enjoy the songs of the Lord and it blesses me that He loves to sing over me.

God really likes singing and the Spirit is a musical Spirit. I used to not like to sing at all. My mom would get upset because I was silent at church. She would say, "you can at least hum!". Now I made friends with the singing Holy Spirit and I have been changed. Or perhaps I should say that the songs that were always inside me finally got to be released.

Isn't it crazy that I can open my mouth and sing a song from heaven? Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Blows me away. I'm praying that some of those precious gems in heaven will come down too!

So yes, let the songs of the Lord come forth! Let songs of deliverance be released in me, in my church, and in this city. I will stand with the high praised of God in my mouth and a double-edged sword in my hand!

"And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord." Eph. 5:18-19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home